Sunday, August 22, 2010

I love the feeling of a finished project!

I'm cloth diapering Maiya as lots of you know.  So far I love it, it really doesn't take that much time and feels so right, no throwing out all those diapers.  Plus it is cheaper, and I love me a bargain!  I was having a problem with her night time diapers though, she was getting rashy and I was trying to figure out if the problem was with my diapers, laundry, or what.  After some research another cloth diapering mama suggested I try breathable covers.  I went out and bought one wool and one fleece cover.  I started by using them with some prefolds and was quickly sold.  Then when my parents were here a few weeks ago, my mom made me a bunch of fitted cotton diapers.  My parents also brought me some wool that they had leftover from projects. 

I've spent the last week or so knitting a wool diaper cover.  Now I've known how to knit for a long time, and started many a project (mostly scarves) but really haven't finished anything worth mentioning.  I'm pretty excited that I've finished the diaper cover...
And here are some other pictures of life this past week or so...
Maiya fell asleep in her bouncy chair sucking on her Sophie... seriously that Sophie is the best toy ever!

Bad bath hair!

It is seriously impossible to get a good smiling picture of this kid... so this drunken pirate face is gonna have to do for now.

1 comment: